The Embroiderers’ Guild of WA is participating in the AFL Women’s inaugural on Sunday, February 19th. Titled Before the Siren, the event recognises women’s achievements in sports and women’s community groups, and is one of the major celebrations during the month-long Perth International Arts Festival.
The show will be hosted by Hannah Gadsby and will feature women’s groups and communities from WA, such as The Butler Falcons, The Sirens, The Shirley Club, WA Roller Derby, The Red Hatters, Girl Guides WA, Gorna Lian Indigenous Dancers and many more!
So bring along your friends and families and celebrate with us! Pre-show activities, bar and food are available.
Gates open at 5pm, while food and drinks are provided to volunteers!
Are you a member of the Guild?
- Represent! Let’s walk as a team across the oval and through our very own special banner.
- Be at the South Freo Football Club rooms at Freo oval by 2.30 PM for rehearsals and the performance by 3:00 PM.
- You won’t be asked to kick balls or run around, but you can bring your stitching projects!
- Wear black pants, a mauve or purple shirt, or Freo Dockers accessories, if you have any.
- Wear sneakers – hard shoes are not allowed on the oval.
- Have FUN!