The winner of the Rusty Walkley Award for 2019…. the City Stitchers’ Group with their book ‘You Don’t Have to be Born Here to Belong Here’. This beautiful book was designed and stitched by Group members and will be given to a refugee child.
The judges also awarded 10 Highly Commended Certificates to:
- Mary Azzopardi (565 Group) for her box ‘By the Light of the Silvery Moon’
- Marnie Whitford (Alfred Cove Night Group) for her Reticella cushion
- Mary Pearson (Applecross Group) for her thread painting ‘Western Spinebill’
- Gloria Turpin (Belmont Group) for her 3D ‘Germination’
- Jenny Quartermaine (Innovative Stitches) for her concertina book ‘Eradu’
- Claire Sas (Innovative Stitches) for her book ‘Exoplanet’
- Anne Illman (Innovative Stitches) for her free machine lace, ‘Microscopic’
- Tania Cohen (Malaga) for her goldwork picture ‘Golden Protea’
- Rita Petters (Thread Magic) for her vessel ‘Midnight Blooms’
- Alfred Cove Night Group for the ‘Alice Project’
The winner of the People’s Prize … the Alfred Cove Night Group ‘The Alice Project’..
Well-deserved congratulations to all the prize and certificate winners. The Rusty Walkley Award and the People’s Prize will be presented at the 50th Anniversary Celebration Lunch on 12th July.