We will be holding several events to celebrate our golden anniversary, and one of them will be a three-day convention to be held at the Trade Winds Hotel in picturesque Fremantle from 20-22 September 2019.
The Convention will be open to everyone and will include a range of activities designed to excite and inspire those new to embroidery as well as those whose excellence comes from 50 years (or more) of experience with fabric, needle and thread. It will also be an opportunity to reflect on how much we have grown and how things have changed over the past 50 years and imagine the directions that embroidery might take over the coming decades.
Titled Threads of Gold, the convention will be organised around the concept of a “menu” of activities. Morning tea, lunch, and afternoon tea will provide opportunities for people to come together and share the excitement of all sessions they have attended and catch up with friends.
The ‘menu’ will be based around several types of activities:
- A mix of one-, two, and three-day workshops. Planning is well advanced on all types of workshops, so watch this space for more update or subscribe to our social media channels to make sure that you do not miss out on ongoing announcements and invitations!
- “Taster” workshops– These will be hands on, two-hour workshops which will be designed to introduce participants to aspects of embroidery that they may not have explored before in a fun environment. Six taster workshops are planned each day, so expect plenty of excitement and creativity to be shared with and amongst participants!
- Demonstrations and lectures/presentations– These will be one hour, with four scheduled each day
- Trading area – A wonderful and exciting area set aside to acquire embroidery materials, such as threads, needles, fabrics and if you’re lucky, you might get your hands on finished embroidery artworks by guild members!
- Equipment “Try It” Space – Getting serious with embroidery involves more than needle, thread and fabric, but also other devices created to make sure you enjoy the art and craft of needlework! Have a go at sample magnifiers, stands, frames, and lights and see the magic happen!
- Two evening events– One is a formal lecture-style event led by an embroidery professional (we will announce soon who the guest speaker will be), whilst the other is a more relaxed talk and display of tutors’ works.
Contact Ms. Prudence Ford via:
email – email@example.com
phone – 0417 982 137
Online via trybooking.
Manually by submitting the booking form: 50th Anniversary Convention Booking Form.
EGWA Members: 15 September 2018
Non-Members: 13 October 2018
Click here to read the brochure.