EGWA Fibres West 2021 Scholarship
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Embroiderers’ Guild of WA is pleased to offer a scholarship to attend Fibres West 2021 from July 4-10, 2021. The scholarship will cover $1,000 towards the full-fee registration cost, with the recipient contributing the balance of the full-fee registration and their materials list costs.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The successful applicant must be a financial member of EGWA at the time of application and during the Fibres West 2021 residency. The applicant will be chosen on merit based on the following criteria:
- an active participant in Guild activities;
- has not attended Fibres West before; and,
- keen to explore and share innovative textile art techniques with the Guild.
A panel drawn from the EGWA Management Committee and the WA textile art community will review all applications and select a recipient on merit. The selection panel’s decision will be final and no discussion will be entered into.
Note: If no suitable candidate is presented, the Scholarship will not be awarded for Fibres West 2021 and the funds will be carried forward.
FIBRES WEST 2021 ENROLMENT APPLICATION
Places in Fibres West 2021 are likely to fill quickly. You will need to submit your application for enrolment and pay the required deposit without awaiting the outcome of your EGWA Fibres West 2021 Scholarship application. If your scholarship application is unsuccessful and you are unable to attend Fibres West 2021, your deposit will be refunded.
Applications for the EGWA Fibres West 2021 Scholarship must be posted or emailed to arrive no later than April 1, 2021. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by April 16, 2021.
All applications must contain a completed Scholarship Application form, a copy of the Fibres West enrolment form AND the receipt for the required deposit.
As part of your application you will need to supply:
- a statement of no more than 300 words addressing the selection criteria;
- a reference of no more than 300 words from someone who can confirm your commitment to the Guild and innovative textile art (e.g. a Group leader, a fellow Guild member, a tutor, a creative collaborator, etc.); and,
- two or three images of your work.
ENQUIRIES AND APPLICATION FORMS
For all enquiries and to obtain a copy of the application form, please contact Ann-Marie Anderson-Mayes on 0427 443 919 or email@example.com.